Wednesday, August 7, 2013

First day!!!

For almost a year, I've been doing Weight Watchers. Not officially, like I haven't actually signed up and gone to meetings, but rather have been counting points on my own. I was lucky enough to have a couple people who were official members help me out--I got the Dining Out book, which was awesome because it had point values for lots of things I ate, a mini Points guide, and most importantly, the CALCULATOR. This thing is fantastic--you can plug in the fat, carbs, protein, and fiber of anything you are eating, and it will spit out the points plus value. Over the past 8-ish months, I have lost about 35 pounds and hit my first major goal, which was to get below 200 pounds. I weigh less now than I did in high school, about 10 years ago. I know its a huge accomplishment, yada-yada-yada, but the reason I am now blogging is because since I hit that goal I have pretty much plateaued. Everyone tells me how normal this is, and that I shouldn't get down. Which I'm not, because I know it is my fault. I've gotten super lazy counting points, and my portion sizes have slowly gone up. But not anymore!! I am now doing the Summer Weight Loss Challenge from the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans! Summer Blowout Weight Loss Challenge with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans I really want to hit my 50 pound mark by my one-year anniversary of Weight Watchers. I figure this challenge is the perfect way to do that. In addition to getting back on my points track, I'm also doing the Sisterhood's Bootcamp. Today was my first workout, and it KICKED. MY. BUTT. I couldn't even do the full 30 second sprints. But that's ok--by the end of this, I WILL be able to! (and then some!) Now, was I doing every exercise with perfect form and maximum results? No. Was I trying my hardest? Yes. Did I finish the entire workout? YES. To me, that's victory! The real reason I wanted to start this blog is to hold myself accountable, and stop making excuses. I figure if you all who read this (even just 2 people) expect me to chronicle my journey that just MAYBE it will make me stick with it. So wish me luck.:) Now I'm off to the shower....I smell worse that a locker room full of dirty gym shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment