Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Back in the Saddle

I've decided to give blogging a try again. This time I promise to be more consistent. Along with my blog, I have started a new weight loss challenge over at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans site, the Weight Loss Bootcamp. This challenge runs for eight weeks, so I've got my work cut out for me! Week 1 challenge was to create your plan. I started off with my New Year's Resolutions: to work out at least 3 times a week (but 5 would be better), to continue with Weight Watchers and track my points better, and to hit 180 lbs (as of today I have 18.2 to go). Not putting any sort of time limit on that since that never seems to help any.

So how am I going to accomplish these goals? Well first of all I got 2 great apps for my iphone. One is My Fitness Pal. Its a food and exercise tracker. You can either search for the foods in their database OR just scan the barcode on the package and it will do it for you! Amazing. The only thing I don't like about this app is that in the nutritional info it doesn't automatically list protein. For anyone who does Weight Watchers, protein is one of the 4 things that helps determine points. So I have to dig a little deeper to use this app to help with points. But its great for keeping track of what I've eaten. The 2nd app I installed was a fitness tracker that allows me to put in my exercises along with the time for each. So, for example, if I am doing a HIIT routine with 12 exercises for 30 seconds each, with 10 seconds of rest in between, I just put all that info into the app and it tells me when to switch exercises. This way I don't have to worry about resetting a timer ever 30 seconds. Haven't tried it yet, but anxious to do so!

That's it for today. Gotta go get my workouts in!

No comments:

Post a Comment